What happens when your HTTP headers are hacked….did you even know they could be? Do you even know if your headers are secure?
Do you even know what I mean when I say that? It could even happen if your site displays the ‘s’ as in HTTPS…
Some people will, and some won’t, yet many people don’t realise the issues that this can cause if your headers are hacked. The worrying thing is, that it can happen to anyone even if you are a person who works within or even owns a technology business.
Identifying this as the source of your problem and then fixing it can also be an issue. Many tech companies don’t know how to fix this problem – here at Midwinter Web Design we’ve made it our business to know what to do and to protect that crucial window into your website long term.
Your business website is your shop-front, whatever type of business you own – you may sell products through an e-commerce site or you may offer a professional service.
Your website is the place where Google – and other search engines – can send people when they type in your name and company, or a relevant search term. The more the search engines like you – due to your updated content and backlinks and your proactive online profile – the more attractive your header will be to hackers. Your visibility can be your vulnerability if you don’t take steps to secure the header of your website.
How can you tell if you have been hacked?
Here are seven signs you should look for:
- Your website suddenly freezes for no apparent reason.
- You have multiple viruses on your computer.
- You have malicious script, ie. all of the copy on your site is corrupted in some way, or worse…
- Your website loads, however, the user is suddenly redirected elsewhere, and that redirection could be to something very unpleasant.
- When you log onto your site, it contains someone else’s information on your site.
- Valuable data from your site is being stolen – and you are only just realising this. It could have happened weeks ago.
- The key thing is that if you are having any of these issues and your normal remedies don’t work, or your website provider cannot help. This may be where the problem lies.
Don’t beat yourself up and feel you’re a technical failure either, because this is a problem even some IT business owners don’t understand.
The outcome of not getting this sorted out, are: that your business ends up looking unprofessional and worse-case scenario, confidential data on your website is at risk of falling into the wrong hands – and you will be liable.
We can help. We have trained on this particular issue and will be able to sort out the problems associated with hacked HTTP URL headers.
We know how to deal with:
- Content Security Policy (CSP)
- X Content Type Options
- X Frame Options
- X Xss Protection
Contact us so that we can ensure you are protected, BEFORE you get hacked.
And if it’s too late we can help with that too.