We can assist with your WordPress content managed website
Wordpress is an open-sourced content management system that is free for its users yet what does free really mean?
It’s great having a free resource but many business owners find they cannot understand the platform and spend many hours trying to sort it out, add or take away content or sort out pictures or graphics.
Others are comfortable with the platform however their business has grown, and they no longer have the time to manage their site. The time for DIY has passed.
For your information, Wordpress is most commonly associated with blogging. However, it can also host other content including media galleries, online stores and traditional websites and it is the most popular website content management system in use.
There are two ways for Wordpress to function. The first is on the internet hosting service, Wordpress.com which is completely free for users unless they want to use a paid for theme or plug in. The second is from Wordpress.org. this is the software package Midwinter Web Design offers and works with as it provides most flexibility and a vast range of options.
Wordpress comes with these features:
- Themes – themes are installed by users to decide the look and function of their website. Users can change the theme as regularly as they want to by switching between the many free and premium themes.
Most of our customers employ us to design them a bespoke theme that matches their brand identity and helps set them apart on the web!
- Plugins – there are many plugs in, and they can allow a user to change different things about their website. On Wordpress.org, there were 55,131 free plugins available to users when counted last. There is also a range of premium plugins. The range of plugins cover search engine optimisation through to different widgets and styles of navigation bars.
- Formatting, easy styling of the text in posts or page content.
- Responsive web design – allowing your site to be read on all screen sizes and contributing to your Google ranking.
- Social sharing – Wordpress gives you the ability to grow your reach by sharing your posts across Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to name a few.
- Retina display ready – many people are now buying devices with HD and retina display and because of this it is more important than ever for images to be sharp and crisp to appeal to users.
We have over a decade of experience and knowledge working on the WordPress open source content management web platform.
Our broad range of services cover, though are not limited to:
- Upgrading your websites or blogs from older WordPress versions onto the latest WordPress releases.
- Data migration from other web platforms or websites into the WordPress content management platform. For example, this could be from Wix (or other online web builder packages) or any other open source content management system or static HTML website.
- We will also ensure your website is safe and secure - you have an SSL certificate (green padlock). This shows you take your users’ privacy seriously because your website encrypts its communications.
- We will ensure your website is running quickly, with good page load speed and image quality.
- We have a full suite of support services, including regular website backups, acting as an insurance policy in case anything untoward happens.
- We will install, manage and monitor your website for security updates and patches. This helps prevent hacking, spamming and malware.
If you have any questions or concerns over your website, please do contact us for a free and friendly chat.